Friday, February 7, 2014

Blogging again

since I closed down my last blog a little over a year ago - just for the record - 229941 page views and 1932 posts -  WOW, I sure had a lot to say in those 5 years, I've missed blogging a lot.  I'm doing a bit professionally, but it's really dry and I'm missing the controversy and the discussion and the community and friendship.

I was browsing through a few of my online friends blogs in HK the other day and really  missed those days where we were commenting back and forth on each others blogs and what was going on.

Anyway, I do have some things to say, so I'll start saying them and see what happens.

For a start - this is a really positive change in the Singapore attitudes toward different shades of sexuality - first a letter from Sam Ho applauding their approach  and then the information itself.  Now I guess the last step would be to decriminalise the whole thing.  Please?

Just for the record, I'm a middle aged married woman with two kids.  But I like living in a gun-free country where everyone's allowed to get on with their lives without the threat of criminalising them due to their sexual orientation.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Gweipo,
    I ran into this new blog of yours by accident and am really glad you are blogging again. It is like seeing an old friend again.I hope you will continue. How was your summer holidays? (in Switzerland I presume)
    Are you following what is happening in HK? It has moved me to tears when I watch on television what the university students are doing to pursue their dreams The best and the brightest are out there sitting in, risking whatever career prospects they may have. I would love to hear your thoughts?
    Sophia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sophia, thanks for your kind comments. I do kind of miss blogging as well - I'm doing it a bit professionally and not privately. As my kids get older I want to protect their privacy and also Singapore is not kind to critical bloggers. But I may do a little more as I find having kids who are tweens / early teens to be a fantastic time.
    Yes I have been following HK and I was there a few weeks ago and interacting with the protesters - it was a wonderful thing, but also very poignant and I found myself holding back tears quite often.

    ReplyDelete